Alabama State University Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) assists Alabama small businesses interested in obtaining contracts with the Department of Defense, other federal agencies and state/local government agencies and participating prime contractors. Its mission is to strengthen Alabama’s economy by stimulating job creation, growth, and business retention. To accomplish this goal, the PTAC offers free consulting services to businesses seeking to obtain federal, state, and local government contracts. Workshops and conferences are also held periodically throughout its eight (8) county servicing areas to assist small businesses in becoming more familiar and better prepared to navigate the procurement process.
Other procurement assistance and training includes the following:
Registration in Government Databases;
- SAM.gov (Formerly CCR)
- and others, etc.
Electronic Bid Tracking Services
- Small Business Programs:
- 8(a) Business Development
- Small Disadvantaged
- Service Disabled Veteran-Owned
- Small Business Certifications
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Government Contracting Workshops / Seminars:
- Business Matchmakers and Networking Events
- Contract Marketing Strategies
- GSA Federal Supply Schedules
- Understanding Bid/Proposal Documents
- Federal Acquisition Regulations
Contact the ASU SBDC today to schedule an appointment with one of our counselors. You can reach us at 334-229-4138.